Growth Business Consulting, LLC is searching for a Lead Central Office Installer for a local company.
E-mail email@example.com to apply!
Job Purpose Summary:
- The Lead Central Office Installer position is responsible for all installation work activities.
- The Lead Installer should have a clear understanding of installation and quality standards contained in AT&T TP76300. The Job quality and the safety and efficiency of the crews are the responsibility of the Lead in-charge of each site.
- The Lead Installers need to display keen judgment and troubleshooting capability when managing exceptions.
- Professional and thorough communications skills are key to the success of this role and the department.
- Regular communication (oral & written) is required with clients
The difference between a Level IV Installer and a Lead Installer is:
- Capable of managing crews and jobsite efficiently.
- Ability to troubleshoot and revise scope of work in an effort to manage unexpected issues.
- Consistent success with mentoring and training of less experienced installers. Assisting management in assisting and developing team members.
- Ability to make independent jobsite decisions that enable the work to flow with minimal disruptions to the crews and the scope of work.
- Customer communication is always professional and helpful, held in high regard and with the best interest of the Company in mind.
- Installation of cable, wiring, and telecommunications equipment in Central Office facilities. Installers are familiar with iron work/bays/equipment rack installation, DC power know-how, wire wrapping/color code understanding, blueprint, schematic reading and method of procedures.
- Analyze, plan, layout and assign installation activity to other installation personnel.
- Install aux bar, cable rack, and fiber duct. Mount bays, frames, cabinets and equipment within.
- Run, lace, label and test power, fiber and copper cabling. Power cabling includes h-taps, inline splicing, and termination to BDFB.
- Copper cabling includes DS1 wire wrapping, DSX3 BNC connections, and CAT5. Fiber cabling includes video scoping and light level testing. Cable runs can include closing of cable holes with Hilti and 3M systems.
- Communicate with various teams on project status and issue resolution. Driving quality and cost management.
- Communicate job specific details with co-workers routinely and effectively via both written and oral avenues.
- Work without supervision and be certified in Skill levels 1-4.
- Interpret, layout and analysis job Method of Procedures, order specifications, floor plans, equipment and wiring documentation
- Interface with Supervisor and Engineering to resolve any order issues. Correct on site job specifications, drawings, documentation.
- In-Charge, lead and provide work assignments for Level 1, 2 and 3 installers.
- Dependable judgment when making decisions within your experience and training is a must, this includes knowing when to escalate the issues for assistance.
- Capable of performing removal activities, in-process and final quality inspections.
- Routine Audits of jobsites and tasks, both informally and formally.
- Microsoft office; proficient in Outlook and ability to work within Word and Excel.
- Aptitude and willingness to report regularly in a time and attendance software as well as job tracking software.
Future Growth and Responsibilities
- This position could grow to a Lead Level IV
- Assist more with development of less experienced team members.
- Able to lead larger or more complex projects.
- Ability to do additional engineering tasks as needed.
- Able and willing to work in inclement weather conditions.
- Able to work in small, awkward spaces.
- Ability to work on ladders and at various heights.
- Willing to work evenings, weekends, holidays and extended hours as required by the workload.
- Out of town travel Monday – Friday is the normal.
- Some weekends will be required.
- A nightly per diem is offered for overnight stays.
- Use of Company Vehicle and Fuel card.
- Ability to acquire and maintain Driver’s License (including State endorsements for vehicle/combo >10,000lbs but < 26,000lbs) and DOT Medical Certification.
- Maintain a satisfactory driving record; ability to legally drive and be insured on the Company’s insurance policy is a requirement of the role.
- Stand, sit, walk, use stairs throughout the work period.
- Lift, squat, push, pull, climb, reach overhead and bend to the floor often.
- Use of ladders is routine.
- Driving/riding long distances at a time.
- Ability to lift 50 pounds.
Job Type: Full-time
- Installation: 3 years
- Telecommunications: 3 years
Required license or certification:
Interested? Apply by sending your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org