Email email@example.com to apply!
Now hiring for a company in Poway, California!
MySQL Database Administrator
Key Job Duties
- Take the lead on implementing critical database projects with limited supervision.
- Maintain and update the database architecture, including upgrading and installing database software.
- Monitor systems and platforms for availability; oversee backup, clustering, mirroring, and replication.
- Perform database reviews and provides input to database design.
- Write and review stored procedures.
- Performs server side tuning.
- Responds to incidents on and off business hours, as needed.
Supplemental Job Duties
- Supports business intelligence/reporting needs as assigned and cross-trains in business reporting.
- 4-6 years of experience in database administration with an emphasis on MySQL 5.5 and above.
- Experience with clustering, replication, and database tuning required.
- Experience with SQL development including Triggers, Views, & Functions.
- Experience with MySQL Workbench or Toad.
- Basic level of knowledge of Linux commands and scripting (bash, shell, Perl)
- Knowledge of MongoDB preferred, but not required
- Knowledge of Perl/PHP a plus.
- Opportunity to work for a vibrant, growing company and learn about the cloud communication industry.
- We care about the personal and professional well-being and growth of each employee.
- We emphasize AWESOME customer service throughout the organization, internally and externally!
- Staff-focused workplace, where fun & collaboration are emphasized. You’ll love our culture!
What We Offer
- An opportunity to learn and work with leading-edge technologies in a dynamic, growing environment.
- A fun & friendly work environment, where your voice matters & you make a difference!
- 100% paid medical and dental insurance. You don’t pay a dime out of your paycheck!
- Paid vacation and sick time
- Your fuel of choice: Coffee, soda, carbonated water? Our fridges are stocked.
- Company-hosted Friday lunch, with free food and snacks other days of the week.
- Free phone service and lots of Phone.com swag!
Job Type: Full-time
Required license or certification:
- Eligibility to work in the US for any employer